KAY R. BROWN, C.L.C.P., C.C.M.
10 Windsormere Way, Suite 400
Oviedo, Florida 32765
Bachelor of Arts Degree – Psychology, Louisiana State University, May 1991. Magna Cum Laude.
Certification– Post-Graduate Course of Study in Life Care Planning and Advanced Catastrophic Case Management. Completed 160-hour course sponsored by the Rehabilitation Training Institute and the University of Florida, Department of Rehabilitation Counseling, May 1995.
Masters in Mental Health Counseling, Walden University, completed approximately 50 credit hours towards degree.
Paul M. Deutsch & Associates, P.A., Oviedo, Florida
Length of Employment: June 24, 1992 to Present.
Title: Certified Life Care Planner
- Twenty years of experience in the assessment of patient disability, and research and preparation of life care plans detailing anticipated costs of care services for catastrophically injured individuals, including but not limited to spinal cord injury, closed head injury, multiple amputations, brain damage, burns, severe orthopedic injuries, primary pulmonary hypertension and AIDS.
- Case management services for people with disabilities to assist in coordinating care, conferencing with treatment team members, family support, accessing durable medical equipment, supplies and medications.
- Extensive medical records review and summarization.
- Assessment of vocational handicaps and their impact on vocational development and wage earning capacity related to an individual’s pre and post accident earning capacity.
- Analyze Life Care Plans written by other professionals.
- Arnoldi, Kay R. (2004). Transplantation. In Deutsch (Ed.) A guide to rehabilitation, AHAB Press, Inc., New York, NY
- Brown, Kay R.: “Transplantation,” Damages In Tort Actions, Lexis Nexis. 2006.
SPECIAL TRAINING AND CONTINUING EDUCATION:
- Complying With IDEA and Section 504: LRP’s Update on Special Education Law, Tampa, Florida, January 1995.
- Annual Life Care Planning Conference, Rehabilitation Training Institute/University of Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, November 1996.
- Transplantation ’ 97 – Current and Future Trends, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, January 1997.
- Biofeedback Applications for Restoring Function to People with Disabilities, Orlando, Florida, March 1997.
- Spinal Cord Injuries, Rehabilitation Training Institute/University of Florida, April 1999.
- “Creating a Better Future … From Classroom to Community” Meeting the Needs of Children, Adolescents and Young Adults, Healthsouth Sunrise Rehabilitation Hospital, April 2000.
- 5th Annual LCP Conference, University of Florida/Intelicus, October 2000.
- “Returning to Life with Chronic Pain,” Turo Rehabilitation Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, August 2001.
- “Ethical and Professional Issues in Counseling,” American Schools Association, February 2002.
- “Spasticity Management: Focus on Rehabilitation,” Medtronic, Orlando, Florida, April 2002.
- “Advanced Solid Organ Transplant,” University of Florida/Intelicus, October 2002.
- 7th Annual LCP Conference, University of Florida/Intelicus, October 2002.
- “A Course in Transplantation for Case Managers,” United Resource Networks, Newport, Rhode Island, October 2003.
- “Preparing for Certification in Case Management,” CMSA Institute for Learning 3. Orlando, Florida, June 2005.
- 2006 Life Care Planning Summit. Medipro Seminars. Chicago, IL, May 6–7, 2006.
- “The 8th Annual: Managing Patients With Complex Medical Conditions,” United Resource Networks, Las Vegas, NV, March 2007.
- International Symposium On Life Care Planning. University of Florida. St. Petersburg, Florida, October 2007.
- “Ethics & Malpractice Issues.” Foundation for Life Care Planning Research. September 24, 2009.
- 2009 International Symposium on Life Care Planning. Foundation for Life Care Planning Research. September 26–27, 2009.
- U. S. Psychiatric & Mental Health Congress 2009 – Las Vegas, NV. November 1–5, 2009.
- “Treating Adolescent Depression: An Evidence – based Update on Efficacy & Safety.” Albert Einstein College of Medicine, November 2, 2009.
- “Depression & Pain: Advances in Neurobiology & Treatment.” Albert Einstein College of Medicine, November 3, 2009.
- 2010 International Symposium on Life Care Planning. Foundation for Life Care Planning Research. September 13–16, 2010.
- 2011 International Symposium on Life Care Planning. Foundation for Life Care Planning Research. September 15–18, 2011.
- 2012 International Symposium on Life Care Planning. Foundation for Life Care Planning Research. September 20–23, 2012.
- Presenter: Special Education/IDEA/Section 504, Head and Spinal Cord Injuries, Rehabilitation Training Institute, February, 1995
- Certified Life Care Planner (CLCP) 1996. Certification valid through April 2018.
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) 2006, valid through 5/21/16.